At a recent Graham Cooke conference in Anaheim, Mind of a Saint, Graham spoke about the importance of learning the culture of God’s kingdom. Our old nature is replaced by Holy Spirit-renewed perceptions, thoughts, and a unique language. Graham said:
- When you see manifestations of your old, dead sin nature, gain a heavenly perspective and ask, “What is God exchanging for this? What are the insteads?” God takes your old negative thoughts and gives you something brilliant in their place. See yourself and your current standing in terms of all God has done for you.
- Practice speaking out the affirmation, “I am walking in newness of life.”
- Every situation you’re in, no matter how difficult, bears an upgrade in your identity in Christ. Are you dealing with a difficult person in your life? Good! God says, “I sent you that difficult person to teach you patience and grace.” God does everything with intentionality. He uses every experience to give you an upgrade.
- Spiritual appraisal: evaluate whether a thought is from heaven. Ask, “Is Jesus thinking this?” If not, exchange it and get another thought! His.
- Your old way of thinking asks: “What’s the worst thing that could happen?” But use your renewed mind to speculate, “What’s happening in the Kingdom here? Something brilliant’s about to happen.”
- Attack difficult situations with joy and peace. “Put your joy and peace fifty feet ahead of you,” Graham says, “because there may be a lion around the corner.” Ask, “What’s Your miracle for this?” And let Your joy loose on that!
Friend, what are other ways that God renews your thoughts?
Graham Cooke is a popular speaker around the world with a passion to empower the people of God to walk in their true identity. He is a powerful, revelatory communicator with a radiant idea of Jesus, himself and the Kingdom of God. His life and ministry are marked by his delightful, intimate, and unreserved two-way friendship with the Lord.