If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for legalistic righteousness, faultless. (Phil. 3:4-6)
The Apostle Paul boasts some pretty respectable credentials! Circumcised on the eighth day; an Israelite; a Pharisee; a zealot; faultless legalist. He is saying, “My strict adherence to the law surpasses everyone’s!” Would you buy stock from this guy? Some portfolio!
Here are some of my achievements:
- Graduated summa cum laude from the University of Oregon in 1983.
- President of the educational honor society senior year in college.
- Earned a Certificate of Completion for academic program at Western Conservative Baptist Seminary
- 4.0 GPA in post-graduate work at Portland State University.
- Married for 30 years to a wonderful, godly man.
- Won the grand prize (a $350 GPS system) at a sign language concert three years ago. (Ok, so that one was just plain luck!)
What accomplishments and achievements are you proud of? In what areas do you excel? Here’s your chance to tell the world!
Next week: Count it all rubbish (Part 2) What do you anticipate next week’s post will be about?
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Learn how to make decisions you won't regret. Overcome the anxiety of tough decisions with a clear head, peaceful heart, and confidence.
Sign up here!