As overcomers in Christ, we literally change the atmosphere with our words. So what should we say?
Steve Backlund, author, speaker, leadership developer and associate pastor from Bethel Church, in Redding, California shares these powerful declarations. Speak these over yourself, your family, coworkers, neighbors, friends (and enemies). Put them on the mirrors in your home and dashboard of your car. You activate your faith when you speak strength into your life.
Are you willing to take a 30-day challenge? Speak these aloud every day for a month. Comment on the blog page if you’re “in!”
- My prayers are powerful and effective (II Corinthians 5:21, James 5:16).
- God richly supplies all my financial needs (Philippians 4:19).
- I am dead to sin and alive to obey in God (Romans 6:11).
- I walk in ever-increasing health (Isaiah 53:3-5, Psalms 103:1-3).
- I live under a supernatural protection (Psalms 91).
- I prosper in all my relationships (Luke 2:52).
- I consistently bring God encounters to other people (Mark 16:17-18).
- Through Jesus, I am 100% loved and worthy to receive all of God’s blessings (Galatians 3:1-5).
- Each of my family members is wonderfully blessed and radically loves Jesus (Acts 16:30-31).
- I uproariously laugh when I hear a lie from the devil (Psalms 2:2-4).
- I set the course of my life today with my words (James 3:2-5).
- I declare today that I cannot be defeated, discouraged, depressed or disappointed (Philippians 4:13).
- I am the head. I have insight. I have wisdom. I have ideas. I have authority (Deuteronomy 8:18, 28:13; James 1:5-8, Luke 10:19).
- As I speak God’s promises, they come to pass. They stop all attacks, assaults, oppression and fear from my life (II Peter 1:2-4, Mark 11:23-24).
- God is on my side today and therefore, I cannot be defeated (Romans 8:37, Psalms 91).
- I have the wisdom of God today. I will think the right thoughts, say the right words, and make the right decisions in every situation I face (I Corinthians 2:16).
- I choose life today. I choose health. I will not be depressed today. I will not be in lack today. I will not be confused today (Deuteronomy 13:19, Nehemiah 8:10, Psalms 103:1-3, II Timothy 1:6-7).
- I will expect the best day of my life spiritually, emotionally, relationally and financially in Jesus name (Romans 15:13).
- I have a covenant with God and by the blood of Jesus, I release my divine protection and divine provision (Hebrews 8:6).
- My angels are carrying out the Word of God on my behalf (Psalms 103:20).
- I expect to have divine appointments today, to run into the right people and to be delivered from the wrong people.
- Any adversity, attack, accidents and tragedies that were headed my way are diverted right now in Jesus’ name.
- I speak to the raging waters in my life, “Peace, be still.” I say to my mind, “Peace, be still.” I say to my emotions, “Peace, be still.” I say to my body, “Peace, be still.” I say to my home, “Peace, be still.” I say to my family, “Peace, be still.”
- Now I speak to every mountain of fear, every mountain of discouragement, every mountain of stress, every mountain of depression, every mountain of lack and insufficiency, and I say, “Be removed and cast into the sea, in Jesus’ name! (Mark 11:22-24).
- And I speak to this day and call you blessed. And I declare that I serve a mighty God who today will do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I can ask or think (Ephesians 3:20). I say You are a good God and I eagerly anticipate Your goodness today.
Which of these truths does your home need the most? What are the benefits of speaking them aloud?
Steve Backlund and his wife, Wendy, have a message that ignites hope and joy wherever they go. They travel extensively to encourage and empower churches around the world in revival culture and victorious mindsets. For more information about their ministry, and for additional books and audio messages by Steve, go to ignitedhope.com.