Last weekend, at the Transformation Network Conference in downtown Portland, Tim and I were inspired by and prayed for by one of the most enthusiastic Christ-followers we’ve ever met.
Kristen Williams, from Tauranga, New Zealand, for years has been raising up and equipping young leaders to pursue Jesus, engage in local evangelism and missions, and to bring understanding of the times that we live in. He engages us with the reality that God is for us, has called us, and has plans for us beyond all we can ask or imagine.
Here are some of Kristen Williams’ notable quotables from the conference:
- Anyone who puts God in a box had better prepare for a face full of splinters.
- Jesus says, “I love how you welcome Me. But don’t forget to welcome My friends—My angels.”
- Imagine if every move of God were ongoing.
- Jesus, do it in us so You can do it through us.
- Nothing that God does in you is meant to be contained in you.
- These who have turned the world upside down have come here, too. (Acts 17:6)
Turn the world upside down!
- My closest friends are absolute crazy nutters—revivalists.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego following their fiery trial: “So, King, you’re telling us to behave ourselves, or else. Or else what? Put us back in the furnace with that guy who burnt the ropes off our arms?”
- God creates diversity. Requires unity. Honors humility.
- Hunger will produce humility.
- God keeps asking, “What do you want?” until we relent and say, “You.”
- A religious spirit is a proud unbendedness of heart.
- Acts 3:19 says, “Repent and be converted, that your sins will be blotted out, that times of refreshing will come from the Lord.” Literal translation: “Recovery of breath” will come from the Lord.
- “Haere mai te wairua tapu,” declared in Maori, means, “Come, Holy Spirit. Welcome!”
- Here’s a beautiful alternative: to prophesy.
- We cannot measure a move of God with numbers.
- Before the Holy Spirit breaks out in our cities, He must break out in us.
- Some people ask, “You want me to reread a Scripture verse 150 times?” Yes! There’s a Man alive in there!
Friend, which quote resonates most with you? Why?
Reach Kristen Williams Church @ Hope Centre Tauranga New Zealand
Reach Kristen Williams on Facebook
Reach Transformation Network – Contact Steve Trujillo or Renee Boucher, directors
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Learn how to make decisions you won't regret. Overcome the anxiety of tough decisions with a clear head, peaceful heart, and confidence.
Sign up here!